About the Port of Bremerton
Our three primary businesses are airport, marinas, industrial and business parks.
Bremerton National Airport
- Is the largest airport on the Kitsap Peninsula. The airport provides world-class general and corporate aviation services and capabilities.
- On and off-site businesses contribute 269 jobs and more than $83 million annually in sales.
- Nearly 200 aircraft are housed at the airport; they make 60,000 takesoffs and landings each year.
Bremerton and Port Orchard Marinas
- Both marinas attract thousands of visiting boaters every year who spent their money locally.
- For every dollar spent at the marina, $2.50 goes back into the local economy.
- Both marinas also offer local residents long-term dockage for their boats.
- Both marinas also host the Kitsap Harbor Festival and the Blackberry Festival, which attract many local residents as well as visitors to the downtowns of Bremerton and Port Orchard.
Business and Industrial Parks
- More than 37 companies, employing over 1,000 people, are located in a Port of Bremerton Business or Industrial park.
- Over 3400 acres of Port and privately-owned land adjacent to Bremerton National Airport are being developed through a partnership called SKIA (South Kitsap Industrial Association). By the year 2025, projections are that more than 9,000 additional jobs will be located there. In 2010, the first phase of the SKIA access road was completed.
The Port of Bremerton increases economic opportunity for all of Kitsap County through
- The direct creation of sustainable family-wage jobs
- Development of local infrastructure to support economic activity
- Amenities that improve the local quality of life.
The Port of Bremerton supports that mission with three core business areas: Marinas, Airport and Industrial/Business parks.
The Port of Bremerton will build, operate and maintain world-class facilities providing recreation and economic development opportunities for aviation, marine and business facilities.